# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Friday, June 11, 2010

MC updates

With most of the pre-fishing completed I have a few more tidbits to pass along concerning the club event on Michigan Center this weekend. The water temps have cooled from near 80 to the low 70's I'm guessing due to last weekends rains. The water is still quite high but I have been tracking it and it is 2-3 inches lower this morning than on Wednesday. I still don't think I can access other lakes beyond the Moon Lake Rd bridge though so that may throw a wrench into a few game plans.


There were two more tournaments on Center Wednesday night, a 12 boat event out of 5th street and a smaller one out of the DNR launch. I'm not sure about the official results but I heard that it only took 6 pounds to win the bigger tourney. I don't know if all the tournament pressure will affect the fishing or not because this is how Center is but it's hard to believe that it won't.

The weather man as of Friday night has taken rain out of the forecast for Sunday except for a few showers very early. Highs will approach the low 80's but I expect the humidity to be quite high. It calls for partly sunny skies but who knows if that means mainly sunny or overcast?

As for the fishing, I expect it to be very good especially if the weather is overcast and the Saturday rains keep weekend anglers off the water. I heard from one contact that they threw topwaters most of the day last weekend and caught nearly 50 fish during their tournament. This is the time of year when fish are recuperating from the spawn and start putting the feed bags on so the bite should be fairly good. I expect double digit anglers to bring limits to the scales and 13+ pounds needed to win. If the conditions change and the weather and fishing pressure change then it may only take 10 pounds or so to win but I expect it to be a slugfest. Hope to see a good turnout and maybe the weatherman will be right for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment