# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Club News

Well we have a break until the next club event which will be held July 18th on St. Clair so hopefully most club members will be spending their free time with families and enjoying the holiday. I will but you can bet I'll be on St. Clair a few times between now and then. As for the club, there are a few things I'd like to touch on but first a few items to wrap up the Cadillac tourney.

There were only 11 entries into the day one tournament with four limits coming to the scales. Day two had 15 participants with six limits being weighed in which is odd because of the increased pressure from our club and one other club. The 11 person showing was the lowest turnout I can remember in a long time for a club event and hope we can get those entries back up to where they should be.

The club was last in Cadillac two years ago and Scott Rice won day one up there as well weighing in 13.6 pounds and finished third on day two. It took 13+ pounds to win both days in 2008 and most of those winning fish came from Lake Mitchell much like in 2010. I can remember going up to Cadillac to fish club events on and off as long as I have been a club member (10 years) and I think it has been late June every time. Seems like they bite decent then because 12 limits were weighed in over the two days in 08'.

As far as the standing go, Matt Morgan relinquished his AOY lead but still remains in striking distance behind the Rice brothers, Bill Maurer and Randy Peck. Just as exciting to me though is some new faces showing up in the top ten. Leo Knox and Scott Hartman are both club rookies and are 9th and 10th respectively. This marks the half way mark for the year and St. Clair is coming up so the leaderboard will definitely shuffle.

As far as rumors go I want to address one I heard this weekend. The Muskegon Lake tournament had a few issues come up but I talked to Kathy Maurer Monday and everything is back on track. Seems the park hosting the event wanted to adjust our start time to accommodate another event but Kathy played hardball and our tourney will still run from 7-3pm, nice work.

I will be on Lake St. Clair this coming weekend and will start to post fishing reports as they become available. The bite is a little slow right now probably due to the mayflies, the post-spawn and all the fronts that have come through lately. Things should start settling down and I expect a shoot-out as usual. I have also heard we may have a guest speaker at the next meeting who is an expert at LSC. I have not confirmed this but hope to soon. The meeting is scheduled for next Thursday, July 8th so hope everyone can make it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment