# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Burt Lake


I'm heading up north this weekend for the first big fishing extravaganza of the fishing. Burt Lake is the destination and it marks the 6th year in a row for this great trip. My buddy owns a cabin just two doors down from the Burt Lake State Park so it's real convenient and makes for an awesome home base.

We usually have a small tournament on Saturday, four boats with eight fishermen and as you can imagine some of the weights are pretty high this time of year. I think two years ago was the worst fishing we've had and it still took 17+ pounds to win. Usually it takes 20+ to beat everyone and I think the best weight I can remember was close to 25 lbs.

The BFL has it's annual Burt Lake event this Saturday so we may need to find a new venue for our event but that's OK with me, I like fishing new water. Hopefully the smallies will still be on beds which should be the case so I'll have some good pics to post when I get back.

The club will visit Michigan Center the following weekend so I'll start posting pre-fishing results as soon as they become available to me early next week. Hope everyone plans on fishing the SCMBC Open this weekend and I'll post the results of that as well next week.

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking smallies bro !

    Hopefully I can get some like those on Saginaw Bay next weekend.

    Great job on the website and blog as well fella's

    Nick Neves

    ReplyDelete