# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Buying Season


With the fishing season officially ended for the season many anglers go into a slight depression this time of year until the spring thaw a few months from now. While it is tough to wait, there is no better time to re-stock the ammo for next year so I like to call this period the "buying season". Usually I wait until after the holidays and start taking inventory and making plans for what I need to re-stock and what new things I need. But I have recently found that the holiday season is the time to take advantage of some great deals.


This year is no different for me and when fellow tournament angler Duane Mroczka called with a geat clearance deal, I could hardly pass it up. I am now the proud owner of a 7' 0" MH Fenwick HMG baitcasting rod that will be awsome for spinnerbaiting next year. Merry Christmas to me. I know that I still need a second combo for cranking so I will keep my eyes open. The kids' stockings may just be a little lighter this year.


So when most fishermen are watching old fishing videos and reading articles, I'll be charging up the old visa and getting ready for the first big thaw next spring. It never ceases to amaze me how I stare at my tackle all winter long but when that open water finally hits and I'ts time to pull out the equipment, nothing is ready to go. Well I hope that changes this year and I already have a reel on my new spinnerbait rod. I'm gonna be ready come April.

No comments:

Post a Comment