# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Banquet a success

The annual awards banquet was held last weekend at Knights Steak House in Jackson and as far as I'm concernced it was a big success. We had about 35 in attendence and everyone had a great time and it solidified the reason why I'm in the club.

All the awards for each tournament and AOY were handed out but there were also a few special ones as well. Kathy Maurer won the Dale Popp award which is a spotsmanship award and Scott Rice won a lifetime achievement plaque for his work over the years in the club. These are prestigious awards and the recipients were very deserving.

The club has a few weeks off but the December meeting will be held on the 10th and we will be picking lakes for next years tournaments so hopefully we'll get a big turnout. I look forward to this meeting every year although it never goes the way I think it should. Hopefully we go back to ten tournaments but that's a discussion for another day.

As far as the fishing I've been out several times lately but only had limited success. The water temps were in the high 40's Wednesday and I did catch about 6 fish including a 3.5 pounder out of Columbia but the bite has definitely slowed. I hate to say it but I may be done for the year. I know the weather is still pretty decent and I vowed to fish as long as the bass were still biting but it was pretty slow the other day. I'll still keep my rods in the boat for a while but it's not looking good is all I can say. I'll post any decent catches if I get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment