# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dale Popp Award

I just wanted to comment briefly on winning the Dale Popp Jr sportsmanship award at the banquet a few weeks back. This award is given to the club member who displays exemplary sportsmanship qualities and conduct, adjectives that are not usually associated with my name, but I'll definitely take it. I was quite suprised but excited because it totally took me be suprise.

I don't consider myself as a great club member because I usually don't participate in many extracurricular activities and basically just fish the tournaments. I guess this blog was a big reason why I was chosen and that is great because it's something I love to do anyway. I'm just very grateful and would like to thank all that voted for me.

I know fishing is probably the last thing people are thinking about right now but the December meeting is two weeks away so this is a slight reminder. This is the meeting where the 2011 scheduled is voted on so start thinking about it. I have a few lakes in mind and a couple are new venues. I will comment on this topic in more detail next week and as usual will have a few suggestions for everyone to consider. Have a great Thanksgiving and keep an eye open for BPS and Cabelas sale flyers. There are great deals to be had this time of year.

2 comments:

  1. Jerry. Just wanted to say you were very qualified to get the Dale Popp Award and yes you do the blog page but it was more the all the time smiles and words of encouragement at every tournament no matter how your day on the water went that landed you the award, would be my guess since I was not a board member but I believe they could not have picked a better candidate this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Kathy, just imagine how nice I'd be to everyone if I actually caught some fish this year.

    ReplyDelete