# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sleepy Hollow - Lake Ovid

I haven't heard much on Lake Ovid yet but I plan on fishing it very soon and will report my findings. I do know this much, it is fairly shallow with only a couple deeper holes and is quite weedy. I also heard recently that there are musky present in the lake so that adds a different dynamic.

The DNR lake map shows three distinct holes that are 10' but I've heard 20' areas are available. But it sounds as if 80% of the water is shallow with heavy weeds and there are no homes on the water so no docks are available. It is a state park so there is some fishing pressure and I also believe it is a no wake lake but I'm not sure of that yet. I will try and get out this weekend and report any pertinent info.

No comments:

Post a Comment