# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Randy Peck wins LSC


It's not often that someone dominates at Lake St. Clair but while most of the big boys were weighing in their 14-15 pound bags, Randy Peck calmly brought 21 pounds of smallies to the scale and blew everyone away. I have not been able to contact Randy to get the details but I do know that he was way up in Anchor Bay which is better known for it's perch and musky fishing. Peck also had two giant sows, one of which went 5.34 to take big bass. I hope to post more info on his win as soon as I talk to him.

The rest of the pack was led by newcomer Nick Neves who weighed in 15.77 and caught most of his weight cranking down by the mouth of the Detroit River. I'm not sure about Jim Rice but he usually fishes down near the south shore as does Scott Rice. Scott and Mark Dereadt fished together but I heard they were spotted near the river mouth as well.

Outside of the top 5 were Matt Morgan and Mike Maske who also weighed in 14+ pound stringers but were doing it a little differently. Matt who also weighed in the second big bass at 4.9 pounds was targeting 15-17 fow clean spots in the weeds down by the mile roads. Mike is a model of consistency on LSC, weighing in 14+ pounds in three of the last four years (out of the back of my boat), targeting isolated weedclumps up by the Metro launch. He may be fishing out of his own boat next year.

Overall it was a good event and I noticed that alot of anglers who have struggles at St. Clair in the past are starting to figure it out and are weighing in decent stringers. I will have a lot more details on this event but with the short turnaround between LSC and Muskegon I'll have to do it in the coming weeks.

Muskegon Directions:
I-96 West to M-31 (about 105 Miles)
31 North at exit 1B towards Ludington (6mi)
Mergo onto 31 business route (Moses Jones Pkwy) at exit 116 on left towards N. Muskegon
Right onto Marquette
Left onto Western

You can exit 31 a little earlier at exit 114 and head north on M-31
Then exit left onto Giddings which will also take you to fishermans landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment