# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Monday, May 24, 2010

Hardy Dam Top 5

Sorry I don't have the official standings in my possession yet but hopefully by the end of the day. I do remember the top five and kind of have a good idea of the weights so I can post that and finalize everything later.

1) Matt Morgan 16.3 lbs
2) Jim Rice 14.9
3) Scott Rice 14.8
4) Jerry Smith 14.6
5) Bill Maurer 13.9

Like I said, this is just from memory and may not be quite accurate but I think that's how it went down. Congratulations to Matt Morgan for his first club win and I think he said that he caught two three pound class fish in the last half hour to seal the win. I thought it would take over 17 pounds to win but the fish were not quite locked onto the beds like I had hoped and catching them was quite a challenge. The warm sunny weather gave the river system a summer feel and the boat traffic was something not usually encountered this early in the year on Hardy. Pleasure boaters clogged up many of the good cuts and channels which added to the fishing challenges but I'll never bad mouth a sunny 80 degree day. Everyone had fun and enjoyed the sunshine and that's what fishing is supposed to be about anyway. More info to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment