# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hardy Dam coming up

With the dreary weather in the area lately it's hard to get too excited about fishing but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The forecast calls for a warm up this weekend and the clubs Hardy Dam event is right around the corner. But I've received a few recent local fishing reports so before I get ahead of myself let me report what I've heard.

First off there was another local club that had it's paper tournament recently on Michigan Center lake and their results were quite different from the SCMBC event held there last April. This event took place the same day we were on BawBeese but lots of big limits came in. This was a team event so the weights should be bigger but nonetheless it took close to 16 pounds to win and 13 something to get in the top five. Most fish were caught on the same techniques that produced on BawBeese but it's good to know that Center is producing good fish again. May have been just the cold weather last spring that kept the weights down but it still gets me excited for our club tourney out there the second week of June.

I was also on Clarks Lake yesterday to goof around a little and had water temps between 60-62 and caught several fish on beds. I saw several empty beds and I'm not sure if these fish were done spawning or just moved off due to cold weather. Either way it was good to tune up a little on my bed fishing techniques. I may need them at Hardy.

Alright, back to Hardy Dam. I know it's quite inaccurate in the spring but the extended forecast calls for warm temps to hit this weekend and continue for our tournament date. It got quite cold up there this past weekend and the lows for Sunday were in the low 20's. I know a few club members will start heading up this coming weekend and I plan on going Sunday as well. I'm not sure what to expect but I will report most (but not all) of my findings.

By the way, Brower Park is not taking reservations for their cabins and they are available on a first come, first serve basis. I don't like to criticize but I think this is quite ignorant and can not see how this makes good business sense. I however was able to reserve a cabin at another park so myself and 5 fellow club members will be staying off-site this year. Hated to do it because I like the club all being together when we're out of town but I guess I'm trying to prove a point. Either way the six of us will have a good time and I'm sure the rest of the group will enjoy Brower Park. Hope to have a few reports by this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment