# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday Fishing Report

I was able to get out for a few hours today and enjoy the unseasonably warm spring day. I had a few mechanical issues (flat tire and broken trolling motor) and hopefully will have them taken care of by next weekends catch and release opener. I was suprised to find water temps near 60 degrees and actually found about 15 beds. There were high winds out of the west and I think that pushed most of the bedders off because I only saw a few of the newly formed beds occupied.

I did manage to catch a few fish and the biggest went about 3.5 pounds which was not caught on a bed. I was fishing a big spawning flat with a rapala X-rap jerkbait. I ended up catching about 10 fish in two hours but had a hard time managing the wind with the trolling motor issue. The weather is going to cool down over the weekend but will begin to warm back up next week.

After what I saw today I have a feeling the Baw Beese tournament could easily be a spawning event if the warm weather continues. There will be a full moon three days before the tourney which could send a big wave of fish shallow, more than there already are. I love fishing this time of year and will continue to post reports as I get out. Hopefully I'll go again Sunday weather permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment