# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

2010 Season Outlook by Matt Morgan


Guys and Gals, As a few of you are aware... Jerry is down south drinking drinks with umbrellas in them while thanking God that he brought his mirrored lense sunglasses :). He has recruited me once again to write something on the site but made me promise to not out write him this time.

Since Im a little hampered for time I figured I would just give a run-down of the schedule from my perspective.

May 2nd - Baw Beese -- Ive only been on this body of water one other time and it was in the middle of the summer. I figure for this time of year I will primarily be fishing fast moving baits and sorting through the small fish, hoping for a limit. The one other time I was here my dad and I caught 3 keepers all about 2 pounds. On an excitement scale of 1-10,I will have to give this one a 10 mainly because it's only a month away and it's the start of the season. My predicted winning weight will be 13lbs

May 23rd - Hardy Dam -- SMALLMOUTH on BEDS, nuff said. Excitement scale of 1-10,I will have to give this one a 12. My predicted winning weight will be 17lbs

June 13th - Michigan Center -- This tournament I will be fishing with a little chip on my shoulder. Hopefully like last year there will still be some fish on beds. Goguac was my most depressing tournament bc I didn't notice that they were still bedding and missed a huge opportunity that I should have taken advantage of. Excitement scale is probably only a 7. More than likely they will all be post spawn and a little sluggish. Not looking fwd to grinding it out there for 3 or 4 keepers. My predicted winning weight will be 8 -1/2 lbs

June 19 and 20th - Cadilac and Mitchell -- I have only been on this body of water one other time as well. This will not bode well for me b/c like last years Wixom tournament, I probably won't be able to pre-fish and probably have my a$$ handed to me :) Excitement scale 5 My predicted winning weight will be 26lbs for both days

July 18th - Lake St. Clair -- This time of year on St. Clair you can usually catch them using many different patterns. I personally won't make the mistake of staying close for the sake of saving money like I did last year. This year I will have all 50 gallons of gas in the boat and be willing to stop and get more if I have to. Excitement scale 10 mainly b/c in the years before the club this lake is where I spent much of my time. Unfortunately I will have about 200 coordinates to check (thus the reason for all of the gas) My predicted winning weight will be 19lbs if they are in the channels.

July 25th - Muskegon -- Muskegon lake is another one of my favorites in Michigan. I have done well here but unfortunately never fished it in the middle of the summer. I assume I will probably hit up some of my west side buddies for a little help on this one. Excitement scale 10!! My predicted winning weight will be 14lbs.

August 8th - Wamplers -- Well... we have to fish local for a few of the tournaments I guess. Excitement scale 2 My predicted winning weight will be 6lbs

August 22 - Devils -- See above :( Excitement scale 4 only because I have had better success here than wamplers but i predict a 3 fish limit of 6 pounds to win it.

September 12th - Lake Ovid -- FROGGIN, nuff said. Excitement scale 9 My predicted winning weight will be 13lbs - hopefully!!

No comments:

Post a Comment