# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Schedule change

It's hard enough to talk my wife into letting me fish a tournament for eight hours on a Sunday but on Mothers Day? No way and when tourney director Bill Maurer stood back and looked at the tentative dates for next years' schedule he noticed that he had done just that. Bill quickly adjusted the schedule to have the Baw Beese event one week earlier and avoid any upset mothers. Good job Bill, and now the season is one week closer.

The club also welcomed two new members to it's ranks this month when Mike Mullaly and Scott Hartman signed up. I have not met Mike yet but I've heard that he was in the club several years ago and is a good fisherman and a great guy. Scott on the other hand has become a fishing buddy of mine over the past year or so and will be a great addition to the SCMBC as well. I have fished several small tournaments against him and he can catch em'. He is also responsible for turning me onto the flick-shake rig when one day I was stuck on one fish and he was culling with the technique. He then told me all he knew about it, after the tournament of course. I'm looking forward fishing with both of these guys this coming season as well as everyone else. And don't forget to adjust your May calendars.

No comments:

Post a Comment