# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Monday, November 2, 2009

Still Fishing

Just wanted to keep everyone posted on local fishing conditions in case a few of you want to get one last outing in before winterizing the boat. I've been out at least once a week all through October and the fishing has been pretty decent of late. Actually, the water temps have warmed up over the past week and I registered 52 degrees yesterday.

I've been getting out on Lake Columbia lately through a good friend of mine who has lake access and it is an awsome lake. Yesterday Dwayne Mroczka and I caught close to 20 fish in a little under three hours with the biggest being over 3 pounds. Most of our fish came on shallow running crankbaits and the majority of the action has been coming in the back end of cuts and channels. I think since these areas are the warmest still and contain most of the baitfish is why these areas are productive.

Columbia does not receive the pressure like the public lakes and it has a little stain to it and seems to fish like a southern impoundment a bit as far as I'm concerned. I've never been on the lake early in the year because it gets pretty busy but it is a great crankbait lake and the fish on average are quite big. Our biggest last year was a 5.6 pounder by my fishing partner Mike Maske but I've heard bigger ones have been taken. I'll continue to fish here as long as my contact lets me so I need to stay on his good side. I've also heard decent reports of bass still being caught on Michigan Center and on Clark but I have a hard time going anywhere but Columbia. I also have an opportunity to fish a small private lake south of town next week that has a reputation for hogs so I will report any big ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment