# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

FIRST FISH

Finally, I caught my first fish of the year Sunday at a small private lake with fellow club member and fishing buddy, Trent Wilson. It has been just over 4 months since I last set the hook and when I threw a suspending jerkbait over a deep point, a 3.2lb largemouth ended the drought. I caught a twin a while later in a shallow bay slow rolling a spinnerbait in about 4 foot of water. Trent was the medalist for the day when he caught a 4.3lb fish in the shallow bay on a 1/2 oz red lipless crankbait right next to where I caught mine.

The flurry ended shortly after that but a good day nontheless. I'll get out a few times this week and hope to post good results as well as reviewing last years Cadillac / Mitchell tournaments. The SCMBC board will also meet soon and I'll report the happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment