# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Taking inventory


With the Bass Pro Spring Sale yearly trip tomorrow I needed to get organized and take inventory of what I needed. What a chore but luckily I'm not one of those guys with tons of tackle and I'm pretty organized so it wasn't as daunting a task as I thought. One thing I noticed though after making my wish list is how it seems like I buy less and less tackle every year.

A few years back I opened my tube box and counted 15 different colors. Who needs that many options? Not me so that's when I decided to buy just the few colors I always seem to have tied on and have used that philosophy with all my plastics. It's cheaper and I don't have to wonder what shade of green to throw, making me more efficient.

I have also found that when I enter Bass Pro I definitely need a list to follow. It's easy to get sidetracked and this method keeps me focused making my trip quicker and cheaper. I'll probably spend more money on terminal tackle and line then I will on baits. I've already purchased a few rods so I won't have that expense so I should get out of there for under $200. This is just installment number one though but it makes it much easier on the pocket book (and the wife) if I spread it out.

Club News: Tom Kiefer is a two time Federation State Team member and has represented Michigan in the Nationals back in 2008 and he will be speaking at our club meeting next week. Tom and I went to college together back in the 80's and I've been following his fishing success ever since. He is also the owner of a bait company called Pro Angler Plastics and he will speak about that as well as breaking down Lake St. Clair which is where he excels. Hope everyone turns out to talk to Tom and start talking fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment