# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Monday, August 24, 2009

Wixom up next

It seems like it has been a while since the club last fished a tournament but finally we will tee it up again at Wixom this weekend. The format will consist of two seperate one day tournaments, one Saturday and one Sunday. I will detail this body of water more extensively later in the week but I just wanted to break down this river system a little bit before everyone starts pre-fishing.

This lake has been an out of town favorite ever since I've been in the club and for various reasons. First it has numerous campgrounds and sets up well in that aspect since most of the club will stay overnight. Secondly, the fishing is always pretty good and it is one of the few places around where you can catch a double digit limit during the middle of summer. It is a good fishery for panfish and walleye as well and it is also unique in that parts of the system will fish like a river and larger portions still fish like a natural lake.

One more characteristic that makes this lake very intruguing is the pre-fishing stories that undoubtably will be shared this week. I'm not sure if it's the current that is present during the week or what but the practice rounds are usually legendary. I myself found this to be true two years back when on a weekday I caught a limit of largemouth that probably pushed 16 pounds and I left them biting. Of course I struggled and never caught my five on tournament day but that is very common up there. It should be fun and I'll talk more about the fishing later on in the week. Hope we have a good turnout.

No comments:

Post a Comment