# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August Meeting

The club had our August meeting the other day and to say the least it was a small turnout. The President and Treasurer were both on vacations and the VP and Federation Contact were busy with work related items so I was the only board member present. So with one board member and two regular members we had a total of 3 people at the meeting. So we sat there for 25 minutes and talked fishing and as I drove home it dawned on me that It was not a waste of time and that I really had a pretty good time just sitting there talking about the thing I like talking about the most, catching fish.

Mike Pritchard is a longtime member and one of the 3 at the meeting the other night and he mentioned that this is what the meetings used to be like years ago and it would be nice to incorporate some "fishing talk" back into our meetings instead of business and money all the time. I thought it was a great idea and as the tournament director I should take the lead and try and get helpful fishing info discussed at these monthly get togethers and I will make it a point from now on to do so.

I can still remember about 12 years ago when I went to my first club meeting and hardly knew anyone. It was in the dead of winter and I was very excited to go and discuss how to catch more fish from some of the best fishermen in Jackson. I walked into the meeting and took a seat and prepared myself for all of the knowledge that I knew was about to gain and to my dissapointment listened to folks argue about money for the next 45 minutes. What a downer that was. So all we can do is try and hopefully at the September meeting the anglers who did well at Wixom will pass along a few tidbits and possibly a few GPS coordinates.

No comments:

Post a Comment