# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Saturday, April 4, 2009

SPRING BREAK

Just returning from my spring break trip to Orlando, FL and I can't tell you how much I want to start fishing after being in the warm climate. My travel partner, and fellow club member, Mike Maske brought a rod and made it out to a local Orlando lake to fish from shore. He ended up catching 3 fish with one being a 3 pounder on a spinnerbait which made the $17 license fee worth it. I didn't bring my gear on account of the amount of time I plan on fishing when I get back so this was kind of the last of the quality time I'll spend with the family until fall. Not really but it feels like it sometimes.

I was kind of suprised at the lack of bass boats I saw during my stay in Florida. I realize the spawn is pretty much over and lots of folks in Orlando are tourists going to Disney, but I could count on one hand the number of fishermen I saw. And I was about 15 minutes away from Toho which made it even more suprising. Anyway, I can't wait to get back this weekend and am even more excited to get the club season underway soon. I'll report on my pre-fishing outings on Center Lake as soon as the snow melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment