# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Monday, April 20, 2009

Center field set

The field for this Sundays club opener is set with 20 anglers signed up for what could be a great day of fishing. The long range forecast calls for temps in the high 70's which could really turn the bite on. I've heard reports from several club members stating that the bite was pretty good over the weekend during practice sessions. I did manage to get out but unfortunately did not fare as well as some others. I did manage one near 3lbs. but only caught a handful of fish and will definitely need to make some adjustments before tournament day. The water temps were anywhere from 55-58 degrees on the main lake and as high as 60 in the backwaters. I did see one fish on a bed but the shallow fish were very "spooky" and almost impossible to catch. I will get back out Friday and hope to have a better report.

2 comments:

  1. I just got back from KMART and bought all of the hot-n-tots in firetiger color. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think jerkbaits will be the best option but I havn't got them to bite those yet. With the warm weather coming I think they'll turn on. I'm also going to throw a buzzbait if the conditions are appropriate.

    ReplyDelete