# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Monday, March 8, 2010

March Meeting

Just a reminder to everyone that the clubs March meeting will be held this week,Thursday March 11th at Art Moehn Chevy at 7pm. With the weather starting to break everyone should be starting to get excited about the coming season and we hope to have a good turnout.

One thing that will probably be discussed is the first tournament of the season on Baw Beese down in Hillsdale. This will be a catch and release event so each boat will have two anglers for verification purposes. The club will again let us pair ourselves up so everyone should start thinking about who's riding with who. If there are fishermen who are unable to hook up with a partner, I believe the tournament director Bill Maurer will match everyone up. I think last year Tom Curry and I were the only two not paired up so it was an easy match but hopefully we'll have a bigger turnout this year. I believe the newer members are not boat owners so we'll need to get everyone a ride lined up before hand.

Thinking back to last year, I believe entry fees and registration forms were due in one week prior to the pre-season events but have not heard whether this will be the format or not. I guess we can discuss that this week.

I for one am almost ready, the reels have all been cleaned and the tackle bins are starting to look full. A few more visits to my favorite on-line sites and I will be good to go. One site I have been using is landbigfish.com, it has a great selection of name brand stuff and any order over $50 has free shipping. I usually make a few small orders in the spring to eliminate having to fork over hundreds of dollars at once, it makes it seem cheaper that way. Only 7 1/2 weeks until the first tourney, it will be here before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment