# of fellow fisherman that have visited since April 27th, 2010

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Michigan Center Practice

I've heard a few fishing reports concerning Michigan Center lately and I've even been out there a few times myself. With Center being the site of this weekends club tournament, I thought it may be helpful to report what I know. First of all, I havn't caught much at all myself. Water temps are still in the high 70's and I believe the fish are still in late summer patterns. The only decent bites I've had have been in deeper water and with little or no wind on my practice days, the keepers have been few and far between.

The weeds are still quite heavy and there are a lot of floating weeds to deal with as well. There are a few areas that have been treated with weed killers I've heard but overall the majority of the lake looks unaffected.

I have talked to a few club members who have done pretty good recently and I heard one report of a 6 pounder being taken lately so good fish have been showing up but I believe this will be a grind it out for a few keepers kind of tournament with a 4 pounder going a long way. More reports to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment